Palm Beach County Drunk Driving & DUI Defense Attorneys
Experienced DUI attorneys in in Palm Beach County, Florida.
EXPERIENCED PALM BEACH COUNTY DUI REPRESENTATION WITH 100’s OF CASES
DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE – DUI
Every person charged with a DUI deserves a strong and aggressive defense. Michael D. Becker will not only fight for your rights but also secure your freedom. He is your best option to win. For a free consultation, please call (305) 538-0520 so we can discuss your case.
The history of this crime dates from 1910 when New York became the first state to enact drunk driving laws. One year later, California and a handful of other states followed but none of these statues offered a specific definition of what it meant to be drunk or impaired, Instead, proof of intoxication was left to the arresting officer’s observations.
DUI is a crime in all fifty states and it is seriously punished.
The offense is proved by impairment of “normal faculties” or unlawful blood alcohol or breath alcohol level of .08 or above.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that roughly 40 percent of all U.S. traffic deaths are alcohol-related to some degree. FindLaw’s DUI Law section covers a wide spectrum of issues pertaining to impaired driving, including court procedures, different types of charges, how to defend against a DUI charge, common penalties, state law summaries, and more.
For the purposes of DUI law, generally you are considered as “impaired” if your ability to safely operate a motor vehicle is appreciably affected by having consumed alcohol, illicit drugs, or prescription medications. Since everyone is affected differently by different substances, “per se” laws set measurable limits. For instance, motorists who are shown to have a blood-alcohol concentration (BAC) of at least 0.08 percent are assumed to be impaired. Similarly, some states assume that any amount of certain drugs in the bloodstream constitutes impairment.
In the state of Florida, driving is a privilege but not a right, So DUI is considered the main proof that the individual no longer deserves to have that privilege. The penalties for DUI include: fines, license revocation, possible jail time, Vehicle impoundment and license suspension.
If it is your first conviction:
- Your fine will be between $500-$2,000 but If your blood alcohol level is .15 or higher, it will increase to $2,000–$4,000.
- You will need to serve 50 hrs of community service or pay an additional fine of $10 for each hour of required.
- The period of probation and incarceration will not be greater than 1 year.
- Vehicle impoundment for 10 days
- A minimum of 6 month of license revocation (If you wait to reinstate your license until your revocation period ends, you would need to have proof of completion of a DUI school and treatment.)
If it is your second conviction:
- Minimum sentence of 10 days if convicted within 5 years of a first offense
- Vehicle impoundment for 30 days.
- License revocation for a minimum of 6 months or for 5-years if you are convicted within 5 years of a first offense.
If it is your third or more conviction:
- Fine of $2,000 – $5,000 if convicted within 10 years of a first offense.
- Jail sentence of up to 12 months.
- Minimum sentence of 30 days if convicted within 10 years of a first offense.
- Vehicle impoundment for 90 days if convicted within 10 years of a first offense
- License revocation for 5 years
- 10-year revocation if convicted within 10 years of a first offens
Whether this is your first DUI case or you already have been convicted before, Michael D. Becker will help you to fight aggressively for a reduction of the sentence or the dismissal of your case.
HOW WE CAN HELP
Federal & State Crimes
White Collar Crimes
Internet & Computer Crimes
Drug trafficking & possession
Give your side of the story and receive a FREE consultation 24/7.
Protecting you is #1 Priority.
What my clients have to say:
"Strong character, unwavering dedication, with clear understanding of the law"
“Strong character, unwavering dedication, with clear understanding of the law moreover he quickly brings a sense of comfort in the legal matters at hand. Michael D Becker is my best choice in representation hence the best in over all value. Peace of mind is worth more; Experience and brilliance are not extra extraordinary. It's just the way Mr Becker provides his service."
Daniel D. Curtis
"He kept all of us updated as the case progressed"
“He kept all of us updated as the case progressed, and he went above and beyond, visiting my home to collect discovery personally and taking my oft-times bizarre from-confinement-calls at all hours. He did this all with a disarming yet professional manner which put me and my family at ease during a very stressful time."
"He was Bold, Direct, Honest. Told me like it was."
"When I got arrested I was being told all different stories from different attorney's I was recommended to Mr Becker. He was Bold, Direct, Honest. Told me like it was. No BS. Most Attorney's want to tell you what you want to hear. He does not."