Miami Theft Attorney
Experienced Theft & Criminal Defense Lawyers in Miami, Florida.
EXPERIENCED THEFT ATTORNEYS & LAWYER IN MIAMI
Every person charged with a theft crime deserves strong and aggressive defense. Michael D. Becker will not only fight for your rights but also secure your freedom. He is your best option to win. For a free consultation, please call (305) 538-0520 so we can discuss your case.
Theft is by definition the act of taking another person’s property or services without their permission or consent.
It is important to consider the element of intention to deprive the rightful owner of it. The penalties an individual will face for a theft crime depend on factors like if the offense was violent in nature or if it’s the first time committing this kind of crime. If you are convicted of the crime of theft, burglary charges can be significant offenses that may leave you dealing with enormous penalties.
Moreover, people who are charged for a theft crime that includes the use of fear, force or deception can face restitution, prison time, probation and fines. Many criminal cases rest on certain technical details that a skilled attorney like Michael D. Becker will be able to provide. So if you are being under investigation for a theft crime, contact him for a free case review.
In the state of Florida, theft is categorized in two different classifications:
- It is known as a First Degree Grand Theft when the stolen property is valued $100,000 or more. The maximum penalty of this crime is 30 years in jail and fines of up to $10,000.
- It is known as a Second Degree Grand Theft when the stolen property is valued between $20,000 and $99,999. In this case the maximum penalty of 15 years in jail and fines of up to $10,000.
- It is known as Third Degree Grand Theft when the stolen property is valued between $300 and $19,999 or the property take is a firearm, a motor vehicle, a commercially farmed animal, a fire extinguisher. The maximum penalty is 5 years in jail and a $5,000 fine.
- It is considered the lesser crime.
- It is known as First Degree Petty Theft when the stolen property is valued between $100 and $299. The maximum penalty of 1 year in jail and fines up to $1000. Also if defendant convicted twice of any theft crime, will be charged with elevated third degree felony.
- It is known as Second Degree Petty Theft when the stolen property valued below $100 and the maximum sentence of 60 days in jail and a $500 fine.
HOW WE CAN HELP
Federal & State Crimes
White Collar Crimes
Internet & Computer Crimes
Drug trafficking & possession
Give your side of the story and receive a FREE consultation 24/7.
Protecting you is #1 Priority.
What my clients have to say:
"Strong character, unwavering dedication, with clear understanding of the law"
“Strong character, unwavering dedication, with clear understanding of the law moreover he quickly brings a sense of comfort in the legal matters at hand. Michael D Becker is my best choice in representation hence the best in over all value. Peace of mind is worth more; Experience and brilliance are not extra extraordinary. It's just the way Mr Becker provides his service."
Daniel D. Curtis
"He kept all of us updated as the case progressed"
“He kept all of us updated as the case progressed, and he went above and beyond, visiting my home to collect discovery personally and taking my oft-times bizarre from-confinement-calls at all hours. He did this all with a disarming yet professional manner which put me and my family at ease during a very stressful time."
"He was Bold, Direct, Honest. Told me like it was."
"When I got arrested I was being told all different stories from different attorney's I was recommended to Mr Becker. He was Bold, Direct, Honest. Told me like it was. No BS. Most Attorney's want to tell you what you want to hear. He does not."